Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Let's Blow This Popsicle Stand!

This past weekend J and I went on a much-needed vacation to the Dells with Rose and Josh. We had a great time! Here are some snipits:

We got lost trying to find a restaurant in the hotel...
J: Are we there yet?
Rose: Don't make me turn this walking party around.

And Josh picked on me...
Me: I know where you live. Well, I actually don't but I know your address. I'll GPS it.
Josh: Then I'll move.
Me: Well then I won't be able to find you.
Josh: When I move, I"m moving to Wisconsin.
Me: Hey, no borders to cross! 

While walking between water parks....
 J: I wish they had those flat escalators.
Me: Like at the airport?
J: Yeah, I was on it and my bag could ride along next to me.
Me: It would be cool if there was a giant water slide connecting each park.
J: But then your luggage would get all wet!
Me: Not in the airport!
Josh: *facepalm*

When we were done eating and ready to leave...
Josh: Let's blow this popsicle stand.
Me: I wonder where that saying came from. No one goes to the beach with a stick of dynamite.

After finding out the carriage ride to the pumpkin patch was just for kids...
Me: I just need to borrow a kid. (pause) There are plenty of kids here.
Josh: I'm not helping you kidnap.
Me: I'm not kidnapping, just borrowing. I'll give the kid back when I'm done.





We also celebrated my godson, Cristian's 5th birthday while in the Dells.

Nana (to grandson): I haven't seen you since Christmas...I can say Merry Christmas again!

While getting Cristian's cake ready...
Mum (to Cristian): Close your eyes.
Cristian (looking directly at me): Are my eyes closed?
Me: Can you see me?
Cristian: Yes.
Me: Then your eyes aren't closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment